Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cafe rustica

It has been a few weeks since I visited Cafe Rustica and while I havent been there on separate occasions, my sample size on my one visit was large enough to wonder why this place isnt talked about much. The food was great, the interior (while small) was quite cozy and the prices reasonable.
Billing itself as a bit of an old Europe sytle restaurant, the dishes werent flashy or winning any points for presentation, but well made and simple. Portion sizes were perfect. Uncharacteristically (for me), I was able to eat a finish a 3 course meal of soup, an entree and a pretty rich dessert...I guess I will skip specifics but none of the dishes on the table disappointed.
The service was ok but then again, the restaurant wasnt packed for a weekday dinner. Waits in getting water refills possibly portend some chaos when the restaurant is busier....One of the only things we noted was the wine list wasnt too exhaustive (especially if you want wines by the glass).
Overall, I was quite impressed and will be visiting again. A rather expansive 3-course dinner for 3 came to around $150 (w/ t&t and three drinks each), so I definitely wasnt repeating my earlier price rant :)....

Cafe Rustica is kind of hidden away in a part of town that doesnt appear to be well (foot) trafficked (Penny lane is around the corner though) - but well worth a visit.

No comments: