Friday, March 25, 2011

some venn funn...

Following up on the latest version of Style Weekly's State of the Plate 2011 article, I remembered that last time, I had done an analysis of cost of eating at these restaurants. This time, I was curious to see how much evolution there was in the RVA restaurant scene.
Here is the distribution of their list of "best" restaurants over the last 3 years. 3 restaurants made a comeback this year from 2009. A number of those in the non-overlapping areas are dearly (or not so) departed. 29 restaurants have made the list in all 3 years. There is a 71% overlap from last year to this one.
There are 12 new places on this year's list and the editors seem to have continued with their predilection for annointing the new kid on the block the (best?) restaurant of the year in RVA.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this. Venn diagrams are somehow comforting to me. Is that weird?

griddlebone said...

hardly ! welcome to the club :)..thanks for reading !