Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dan Barber - How I fell in love with a fish

I guess this isnt really about Richmond dining, but I just wanted to document it (mostly so I knew where to find it) and because I have been recently thinking about the concepts of sustainability. This was an extremely fascinating talk on real world, profitable and sustainable fish farming. I wish we had more people/chefs like Dan Barber...

Dan Barber: How I fell in love with a fish | Video on TED.com

continuing on this theme, I revisited the latest version of the Monterey bay seafood guide (noting in the process how, lately, I was doing my part to contribute to the destruction of the piscine ecosystems). It will make a ~nanobit of a difference (assuming population = 6e+9 !!) to get back into the habit of making better choices.
http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/cr_seafoodwatch/download.aspx

No comments: