Saturday, June 21, 2008

richmond gastronomy

another hiatus....not for want of trying new places !!
I run the risk of sounding horribly pretentious but....well...its more or less official for me now. After quite a nagging suspicion (manifested in many a tepid review) that richmond isnt quite the gastronomic paradise or even close, i've had my view "(af/con)firmed" on several recent dinners with out of towners with far more refined palates than my own. We've tended to agree that many places are indeed horribly pretentious.
The common complaint of course, appeared to be the complete lack of imagination and excitement in the menus. This coupled with what was perceived to be very overpriced food (especially considering the quality) and rather pedestrian environs, made for some disappointing meals.

More research is in order. But I suspect that the blogennui will continue......

No comments: